Yu-Gi-Oh! D.E.S. RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West City Ruins

2 posters

Go down

West City Ruins Empty West City Ruins

Post by Rosalia_Izanami Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:54 pm

West City Ruins West%20City%20Ruins_zpsol31cy19

As a result of a series of explosions occurring only a few days after the appearance of the Cube, a large portion of Babylon was destroyed. It was determined that the explosions were caused by a sudden surge of immense energy. According to eye witnesses, the Cube's mysterious power was influenced by Duel Monsters in that area. However, after the calamity, nothing could be done about the ruins. Hundreds to thousands of people are presumed dead, and the buildings themselves are deemed irreparable. As such, this area has all but been forgotten, save for standing as a monument to the Cube's immeasurable power.

Although this area isn't closed off to the public, very few people bother to traverse through the ruins. There seems to be nothing left here, so what's the point? The West City Ruins are just that: ruins.
Rosalia_Izanami
Rosalia_Izanami
Admin

Back to top Go down

West City Ruins Empty Re: West City Ruins

Post by Rosalia_Izanami Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:58 am

Cyrena made her way all the way from the Shopping Center of Neo Babylon to the West City Ruins in a rather quick time. She knew the way, and she could still feel those eyes on her. Why was she freaking out now of all times? And why to the West City? This place was literally ruins after the incident with the Cube's appearance, and it was a place she refused to visit once she realized she had lost that someone most precious to her here. So why now? Perhaps it was the only place that felt... right...

So when she came to the ruins, she didn't stop merely at its edge. She delved deeper into the ruined streets and debris, remembering everything that transpired here. It almost was enough to block out this sensation of being followed, but her deck is what kept her sharply focused on the task at hand. Once a safe distance from the well-maintained roads that connected to the ruins, Cyrena stopped and glanced around her, spinning 360 while piercing emerald eyes scanned her surroundings. "I know you're out there! Show yourself! You can't fool the eyes of a Phantom Thief!" Ha, Phantom Thief... When was the last time she referred herself as that, she wondered. All those years ago...
Rosalia_Izanami
Rosalia_Izanami
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:08 am

There were several, long drawn out moments of pure silence with nothing but the barren wind blowing. Then a soft sound, slow, methodical. The sound of one foot, then another. As it grew louder it seemed to echo and finally, in the quiet ruins when the sound seemed akin to a deafening roar, it stopped. And where it stopped, in clear view of Cyrena was a figure in a large hooded cloak. The most defining feature however... was a gentle glow that seemed to come from within the hood. A pair of eyes, almost glowing. One emerald, one crimson. And they seemed to bore into Cyrena's being.

"It's been... So long since I heard that name."
Cipher
Cipher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalia_Izanami Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:19 am

Cyrena waited in silence, listening as the wind blee by and ruffled her hair. She didn't move a muscle, save for her eyes as she started to hear footsteps. Where were the coming from? Eventually she locked onto a cloaked figure who had started to approach her, standing guarded for whatever this person wanted from her..

But his voice. His voice was like a trigger, something that let flow the memories of the past. She didn't cry, not yet. It could all be a lie; it had to be a lie. Nothing in this world would allow for her to have hope again. Then she saw his eyes. Unmistakable, they were odd in color, and her own eyes began to water. No... Don't give me hope... Hope is gone from this world ever since that day... Cyrena wiped her eyes once and did her best to glare down the figure, taking a few cautious steps closer to him while still on guard. "Who are you, and what do you want? Show me your face... Why are you following me?" If it was just money that this guy wanted, he could have shown himself and threatened her much sooner than now. So just what was his goal?...
Rosalia_Izanami
Rosalia_Izanami
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:25 am

The figure slowly reached up, pulling back the hood. The face was unmistakable to her. To everyone. It was her mentor, the one who taught her everything she knew. Her partner on the stage. Even if his features looked tired, and worn and rugged, it was him. "Can you really blame me?... It's been... a long time. I didn't know how to go about it properly." his gaze was soft and kind, even if behind it there was a form of malice. It wasn't directed at Cyrena however, more focused on something else.
Cipher
Cipher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalia_Izanami Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:47 am

At the sight of her mentor, after all these lonesome years, the girl started to cry. She let those tears run down her face as she quickly closed the remaining distance between the two of them. Once within arms reach, she banged her fists into his chest in a tantrum-like manner, shaking her head. "Liar! You died with the rest of the West City! You left me alone and I couldn't be a Phantom Thief without you!..." She continued to sob as all her depression and worries and lost love for dueling came rushing back to her, like the missing piece of a puzzle was finally found. She stopped hitting him so that she could grip his cloak instead, pressing her forehead against his chest. "Tell me I can have hope again... Tell me you're real... that you've really come back to me... I can't live like this without you anymore if you leave again..."
Rosalia_Izanami
Rosalia_Izanami
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:19 pm

"It's real Cyrena. Real as the ground you're standing on." he placed a hand against the back of her head, rubbing gently. Areta was indeed back, though looked older and far more tired than before. The cloak dropped away revealing a black and grey outfit in a similar design to what he used to wear, just not white and blue. "You and everyone else can have hope again. I'm back, to save all of you."
Cipher
Cipher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalia_Izanami Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:33 pm

Cyrena let herself finish crying her eyes out before asking any more questions. She had missed him so much... so much over these last few years... Even if he did look a little older and ragged, he was real, and she never wanted to let him go in fear of it all being a dream. But once she dried her eyes and took a step back, giving the man some space, she looked up at him with a confused expression. "Save us? The Phantom Thieves have been out of commision ever since you... left... I mean, maybe we can bring it back now that you're here, but somehow I don't think that's what you're referring to..." She started to grow worried. Just what had he gone through all of these years if he wasn't dead? "Are you sure you're okay? I don't understand what you mean by saving all of us..."
Rosalia_Izanami
Rosalia_Izanami
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:49 pm

Areta Hikari shut his eyes for a moment, a soft sigh escaping his lips before he glanced around at the ruins surrounding the pair. "You clearly remember that incident that all but took me away. I still don't exactly know how or why I survived, but I did..." he was clearly suffering from survivor's guilt, as he looked back at Cyrena. "What I do know is that the D.E.S. is wrong. It's existence is a blight on the world and it needs to be destroyed Cyrena. For what it did to all of those people... this city, those families. To you." he turned sideways a bit holding out his hand, palm and fingers toward her. "Come with me, to the Guardians. Be my partner again. I've so very missed your company."
Cipher
Cipher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalia_Izanami Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:03 pm

"The Guardians?" Cyrena repeated, surprised. Not only was her partner, her mentor, alive once more, but he was somehow involved with the rumored Guardians that were trying to take down the D.E.S.? What exactly had he gone through? She might find out if she accepted, but that also meant she would become an enemy of the Sabres. Speaking of, she remembered talking to their leader, Kizuna, once upon a time.. back when Areta was alive. Would she react similiar to how Cyrena did? Not if.. not if he was a Guardian.. She could feel the tears in her eyes again, having missed Areta's company so much that she just might... she just might...

She reached out and placed her hand in his, entwining their fingers, while her free hand wiped the tears from her eyes. "I've missed you too... I missed you so much... But it would be a lie to say I don't fully understand your motives, but maybe... maybe just by being your side again, I'll start to see it. If you'll have me as your partner in crime once again. The Phantom Thieves have been gone for too long..."
Rosalia_Izanami
Rosalia_Izanami
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:01 pm

The old partner shut his eyes smiling, the dark circles under his eyes becoming more prevalent as he did so. He was clearly tired. "Of course I'll have you as my partner again. The Phantom Thieves can only be a pair, you and I." Areta gave her hand a squeeze, still smiling before handing her a cloak of his own, retrieving his. "I'll take you to meet the others when it's time."
Cipher
Cipher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalia_Izanami Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:14 pm

Cyrena squeezed his hand in return before taking the cloak and wrapping it around her shoulders. She didn't want to pull up the hood just yet, worrying more about Areta than herself at this point. "You look like you could use a good meal, a shower, and a lot of rest... Why don't we go to my place or something? If its not time to meet these... others that you mentioned, then take the time to rest... You look like you've been running on fumes for Gods know how long..." She lifted her hand to his cheek, caressing lightly under his eye. Nothing could measure how much hope, how much life she had now that her one and only had returned, so it was clear she would be worried about that one special person she was finally reunited with.
Rosalia_Izanami
Rosalia_Izanami
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:22 pm

"Honestly a good meal and rest wouldn't be so bad. But that will have to wait. We have matters to handle. And I need to see about trying to get the King of Flames on my side. If I cannot, then things will be all the harder." he gave a light sigh before pulling up his hood and moving off a ways, still holding onto Cyrena's hand.
Cipher
Cipher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalia_Izanami Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:41 pm

The King of Flames? Areta was talking about the Pro League King himself, Ryuji. She had heard that name a couple times for obvious reasons, but Areta was going to try and convince the King himself about becoming a Guardian? The idea didn't seem fathomable. But she didn't argue. Cyrena only lowered her gaze briefly, wishing there was more that she could do for him at this time. She lifted her gaze as she walked with her one and only partner who returned to her after all these years, squeezing his hand gently as they made their way through the ruins. And yes, she pulled up her hood much like Areta did. He did give her the cloak to wear after all.
Rosalia_Izanami
Rosalia_Izanami
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum